How to Convert Online Video (FLV) Files to AVI Format
I am a big fan of videos online. Of course, plenty of them are futile and don’t serve a real purpose but there are several helpful videos in terms of parenting and family. I like to download vlogs on various families and keep up with new ways to keep things interesting. I have always learnt plenty of lifehacks along the way thanks to Youtube. Unfortunately, when I download a file off Youtube, my tablet fails to play the file. I have come across others with a similar problem and I have found a simple solution to this.
Online files are mostly in a special FLV format as the size is smaller and better for online playback. In order to play these files on any device or computer without an issue, you need to use an FLV to AVI converter. There are other formats you could convert the file to but the AVI format is now quite popular and plays on virtually any device.
- Download and install the Movavi video converter. I recommend downloading the software from the official website at movavi.com
- Install the Movavi Video Converter. This just takes a few steps and is quite self-explanatory. Simply open up the setup file and click “next” until the installation completes.
- Open up the software from the desktop shortcut and click “add video”
- Choose the FLV file you have downloaded
- In the “Convert To” section pick AVI and choose the type. This is the trickiest part, you can choose 360p or 480p. For highest quality, choose 720p or 1080p.
- You can then convert the file.
On completion, the converted file will be in the destination directory and you are good to go. The conversion process varies with the length of the video and the size of the file but shouldn’t take too long. Unlike other converters, I have found that Movavi does not tax the computer too much so you won’t experience any lag during the process.