You may find it helpful to gauge just how susceptible to anger you are. The following scale will help you determine how your expression of anger compares to others. If you score relatively high this scale, you may reasonably conclude that your typical responses tend to make matters worse. Use the scale below to indicate the most truthful answer to each of the following questions.
0 - NOT AT ALL
1 - VERY LITTLE
2 - SOMEWHAT
3 - QUITE A BIT
4 - EXTREMELY OFTEN
1. I am easily annoyed or irritated. ________
2. I have temper outbursts I can’t control. ________
3. My heart pounds or races. ________
4. I feel tense or keyed up. ________
5. I have urges to beat up, injure, or harm someone. ________
6. I have urges to break or smash things. ________
7. I get into arguments. ________
8. I shout or throw things. ________
9. I feel that people will take advantage of me. ________
10. I never feel close to another person. ________
Now add the numbers and put the total here. __________
Compare your total score to the scale below to get a general idea of the extent to which your anger and aggressiveness may be a problem.
0 - 5 = AVERAGE
6 - 15 = MODERATE
16 - 25 = SERIOUS
26 - 40 = SEVERE
Are you surprised? My score is 12 so I am on MODERATE. What's yours?